--- "hyperbolicgeometry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A closer examination of some of the Source material of the Neo-
Advaitin school (Andrew Cohen, I Nome, Arunachala Ramana, Adyashanti,
Gangaji...etc); reveals a distictive body of arguments designed to
convert the aspirant to an immediate, radical understanding of the
Self (HWL Poonja asks, "Do You Get IT?") without the need for any
progressive Sadhana.
  Needless to say from the point of view of Progressivists, the Neo-
Advaitin approach might succeed for those who are already
99.9999....% Self-Realized; but others like myself need
an "Enlightenment for Dummies" course which includes TM.  It's
progressive, so what?  I like it, works for me.  Furthermore, I find
the Neo-Advaitin admonishment of HWL Poonja ("Give up all techniques
and just BE") to be a circular argument which has as its main fault,
the failure to recognize that the realization of the Self is most
often a progressive affair due to built in stresses which
unfortunately don't vanish at the stroke of "I Get IT".
  The Neo-Advaitin source materials are the collected works of Ramana
Maharshi, HWL Poonja (and his disciples: Gangaji among them);
Nisargadatta Maharaj, and his disciple Ramesh Balsekar.
  Other living Neo-Advaitins are Arunachala Ramana of
http://www.aham.org and I Nome of Society of Abidance in Truth, Santa
Cruz.  Here's an excerpt from Nisargadatta Maharaj.

http://www.realization.org/page/doc1/doc100a.htm

--- End forwarded message ---