"The issue stems from the recent decision of the Congress government to
declare a lockout on the Jyotirmath premises in an apparent bid to oust
Swami Vasudevanand, a move allegedly chalked out by Swami Swaroopanand.Soon
after the lockout on February 16 this year, Swami Vasudevanand got a
reprieve from a local court against the government’s decision. And on March
1, the control of the Jyotirpeeth was handed over to Swami Vasudevanand in
the face of BJP’s agitation over the issue.

Upping the ante, Swami Vasudevanand, who claims to be real Shankracharya of
Jyotirmath Peeth, also filed an FIR against some followers of Swami
Swroopanand accusing them of carrying out theft in the Peeth premises.
Swami Vasudevanand claimed that he was the real Shankaracharya and that the
recent decision of the local administration to declare a lockout at the
Peeth was politically motivated."

Read more:

'Jyotirmath Peeth: 3 Shankaracharyas enter into legal battle'
Deccan Herald, Wednesday