 Subject: [FairfieldLife] RE: Happy Happy 12 January
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Saturday, January 18, 2014, 9:51 PM

 Right from the beginning
 of his movement, Maharishi predicted that even a small
 number of the
 world's population practicing his Transcendental
 Meditation technique
 could neutralize the stress being built up in the world
 consciousness, thus averting conflicts and
 wars.

 In 1974
 these predictions were
 validated by scientific studies showing that in cities where
 one
 percent of the population learned the transcendental
 Meditation
 technique there was a sudden decrease in crime
 rates.

 By
 1974 more than one million people
 throughout the world had learned the practice of
 Transcendental
 Meditation and were experiencing higher states of
 consciousness.
 With this, world consciousness was already becoming
 increasingly
 purified. Furthermore, people everywhere were experiencing
 the
 practical benefits of the development of higher states of
 consciousness in all aspects of their daily life, including
 greater
 happiness, peace, and harmony. A growing body of scientific
 research
 was validating the beneficial effects this practice had on
 all levels
 of mind, body, and behavior of the individual.

 It
 was at this time that research scientists discovered that in
 cities
 where one percent of the population was practicing
 Transcendental
 Meditation, the cities' crime rates decreased. As more
 and more
 cities rose to one percent of the population practicing
 Transcendental Meditation, scientific research found that
 not only
 did crime decrease, but accidents, sickness, and other
 negative
 trends also decreased, and positivity increased. Research
 scientists
 named this phenomenon the Maharishi Effect in honor of
 Maharishi.

 With this formula,
 Maharishi realized that it was now easily practical to
 produce
 positive trends in all cities throughout the world. With
 this
 inspiration, Maharishi envisioned a new age dawning for
 mankind. On
 12 January 1975, he inaugurated the dawn of the Age of
 Enlightenment
 proclaiming, “Through the window of science I see the dawn
 of the
 Age of Enlightenment.”

 This is the time of the
 dawn of the Age of Enlightenment. I am only giving
 expression to the
 phenomenon that is taking place.

 One percent of the
 people in any country can herald the dawn of a new age for
 the whole
 nation by devoting only fifteen minutes of their time twice
 a day.

 It is in the hands of a
 few individuals in every country today to change the
 direction of
 time and guide the destiny of their nation for all harmony,
 happiness, and progress.
 It is my joy to invite
 everyone to come in the light of the knowledge and
 experience that
 the Science of Creative Intelligence provides and enjoy
 participating
 in this global awakening to herald the Age of
 Enlightenment.

 -Maharishi

 12 January
 1975