I sympathise with Russell Brand's campaign to convince people not to vote as I
have zero sympathy with any mainstream political party. I suspect though that a
better plan is for those of us who are alienated from the political process to
vote for fringe parties (communist, fascist, libertarian) or maverick
independents. (It doesn't matter which - they have no chance of gaining power!)
 Under Brand's plan a party could gain power with just 40 per cent of the votes
cast. Under my strategy a party could gain power but their share of the vote
could be 35 or 30 per cent. It then becomes even more obvious that they don't
represent the majority and so their program lacks legitimacy.