--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "TurquoiseB"  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"  wrote:
> >
> > On 1/23/2014 7:02 PM, Michael Jackson wrote:
> > > at least the cousins that are still alive
> >
> > You didn't eat the cousins yet? Go figure.
>
> OK, now that's funny.  :-)

Then again, maybe I've just been watching too much "Justified" and "True
Detective." Both series are "taking me back" to what it was like to grow
up in the American South.

The landscapes of back-country Louisiana and Kentucky are so *familiar*
to me that part of me feels "at home" every time I see them. Even the
shanty town houses are familiar. And the ways that people talk to each
other, and relate...that's a real "Southern" thing, one that Michael
captured well in his story.

In "Justified," you really can imagine Boyd Crowder chowing down on one
of his own cousins who'd betrayed him in a drug deal.