I've written about movies made in Cuba and here is a recently made one
about some teenagers who try to flee the country via raft to Miami.
Just for seeing what life is like in Cuba and not necessarily entirely
because of the "communist" government but probably more due to stinky
old rich Americans who won't let the US sanctions against the country be
lifted.  It's available on Netflix WI:
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Una_Noche/70241252

Of course the stinky old rich Americans want to see the people of the US
driven into similar poverty as found in Cuba. Then buy our properties
for pennies on the dollar make us work off our debts in prisons.