We enjoyed the San Antonio Symphony's performance of Dvorak Seventh
Symphony at the restored old Majestic Theater theater downtown. Featuring
Nancy Zhou as soloist on Dvorak's Violin Concerto, under the direction of
Music Director Sebastian Lang-Lessing.

[image: Inline image 1]

Symphony No. 7 in D minor, Op. 70, B. 141 III. Scherzo
Bernard Haitink, Concertgebouw Orchestra of Amsterdam
http://youtu.be/jVzpGcF5PSs

The movement starts with intense calm and peace, but also includes turmoil
and unsettled weather. He told his publisher that "there is not one
superfluous note".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphony_No._7<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphony_No._7_%28Dvo%C5%99%C3%A1k%29>

Read more:

'S.A. Symphony delivers glowing Dvorák Seventh Symphony'
San Antonio Express-News:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/Dvor-k-Seventh<http://www.mysanantonio.com/default/article/S-A-Symphony-delivers-glowing-Dvor-k-Seventh-5158227.php>