SevenRay,
 Very very interesting. Thus far we have so much open land in Iowa we have not
had to go “up” in building hog confinements, yet. We just spread them out over
the landscape, often on “the flatter the ground the better for building on”
even though that soil is often some of the best ground to plant in farming. But
that is a corporate decision. Yet given the cost of farm ground now  I can see
a future in concentrated animal feeding operations within these building
designs that could save ground for farming. That is a whole another dimension
of production efficiency. -Buck, a farmer outstanding in his field.

 7thRay27 writes:
 Looking at these stacked apartments in Hong Hong and seeing that they seem to
"work", yet in the US these stacked apartments, usually located in the inner
city have almost always been failures and end up being torn down.

 In the US often this type of housing is often subsidized,rental.  Maybe in
Hong Hong, the apartments are owned.

 And yet, there are also stacked rental units in the US that also work.  Is
income the only factor, or why does it seem that there is a racial component to
it as well?

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/hong-kong-vertigo-photographer-captures-the-urban-grid-slideshow/