--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Tax breaks for homeownership particularly help the wealthy while
> > lower-income people don't get enough benefits, said panelists such as
> > Liz Ann Sonders,

[she is a total babe, btw]

the chief investment officer at San Francisco-based  Charles Schwab
Corp. The current incentives, including the fact that most home sales
are tax-free, are driving up home prices, making them  unaffordable or
pushing lower-income borrowers to take out risky
mortgages.

> > ``We are starting to see some significant pain here,'' Sonders said.

> > The panel agreed to a proposal by former IRS Commissioner Charles
> > Rossotti to make it easier for lower income Americans to get a tax
> > break for donating money to charity.

> This is just more pure b.s by the PResident and his cronies who are
> easily the biggest crooks and liars and distorters of reality than
> have ever run this country. Reading their b.s is like being on a bad
> acid trip which I have had.

And what specific tax policy recomendations do you disagree with. For
the most part, they look courageous and represent changes that are
long overdue.

> One of the benefits of owning a home for the lower income people is
> the tax benefit.

And what is the economic benefic / justification for that? Without
deductions above 350,000, house prices will fall, allowing greater
affordability. And the economy will be stronger, wages and salaries
will increase. Technology innovation will increase. Mortgage
deductions, except perhaps at the very lowest end, are quite unsound
from an economic policy perspective.

And a $350,000 cap will not affect the average US bmost buyers -- the
average and median priced home is still below $350,000

> What a bunch of amazingly crooked s**t.

I understand you are angry at Bush. Going beyond that, and focusing on
the the tax proposals,what specific tax policy recomendations do you
disagree with?