--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008  wrote:

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/jay-leno-comedy-is-a-concealed-w\
eapon

>  http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/
>
>  http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/howard-stern-episode-trailer

As synchronicity would have it, I ran out of other interesting things to
watch just a couple of days ago, and out of curiosity watched a few of
these CICGC clips. I had downloaded them a while ago after reading an
interview with Jerry Seinfeld in which he said a few things I thought
were interesting. Sadly, he seems to have said everything interesting he
has to say *in* that interview, because he certainly didn't come up with
anything in the clips I watched.

My fault, actually, for even watching. I knew going into it that it
would in one sense be re-runs of "Seinfeld," with a bunch of
self-obsessed people talking about themselves as if we should find them
interesting just because they find themselves interesting. But I
foolishly thought that a few of the people might actually *be*
interesting. Bzzzzzt. Out of about a dozen of these clips I watched, the
only guests I found the least bit interesting were Ricky Gervais and
Tina Fey.

I was actually hoping for some quick-witted banter between fast-thinking
comedians, but Nooooooo. Color me so disappointed that I'm not going to
turn Nabby's links above back into links, so that other people don't
waste their precious time like I did...

This is NOT an "anti-TM thing," as Nabby and others will try to
characterize it, BTW. I have nothing against Seinfeld or Leno (although
the latter has much better taste in cars). I was actually hoping for
better, which is why I downloaded the clips in the first place. Leno was
actually "fast on his feet" mentally in ways that Seinfeld never
approached in the clip of them I watched. It's just that my reaction to
all of it was just like my reaction to seeing an old episode of
"Seinfeld" these days: "What on EARTH must I have been thinking to have
liked this stuff back then? My standards must have been really low."