---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

 after a drug overdose.  I am just speculating that it might go something like
this.

 "Whaaaat the fuck, where am I!?"

 "Uh, dude, you've passed over"

 "What the fuck are you talking about. I've got to pick up my kids in a few
minutes"

 "Uh, you're not going to see your kids anymore.  You've passed on son"

 "No, I didn't. I was just taking a hit. It was no big deal"

 "Well you went a little overboard.  See for yourself"

 "No, no, that can't be right.  Really, I can kick this stuff"

 "Well, maybe next time dude.  Maybe next time.  I'll leave you be for a while
so you can see what see what the scene's like that you left behind"  After a
while I'll come and see how you are doing, and we can make some plans"

 Reflecting.......

 "God Damnit, God Damnit. Why did I have to do this shit"

 Actually, I was thinking about this myself. This is why this has a tragic
element for me; I am pretty sure, can't tell you exactly why and I could be
very wrong, that Phillip didn't mean to die. There have been plenty of
overdoses that didn't mean to die, but dead they are. I had just been listening
to NPR coming home from work and hearing about the increase in deaths due to
heroin laced with fentanyl and then the very next day I hear of Phillip's
death. I guess we can only conjecture on what the death experience would be
having overdosed and, unwittingly at that. Is there confusion? Fear? Is one
stuck between living and dying somewhere on some plane? Or is one simply deader
than a doornail with nothing to show for it but a flaccid corpse with drug
paraphernalia sticking out of one's arm?