Well, of course, the religious wacko is correct: it was 50 years ago that Sgt.
Pepper taught the world to twerk.

 The Beatles are to blame for (or at least they were a prominent factor in) the
sixties' cultural earthquake. I recall my music (classical) teacher saying to
me that he thought rock music was a dangerous, irrational irruption into modern
life. Popular music before the "pop" revolution was acceptable - Sinatra, jazz,
etc. - he maintained, but beware this new wave. Now, I was as keen on the
Beatles as anyone so didn't follow his advice but I did see immediately where
he was coming from. There is something of the insistent "tom tom" beat about
rock that by-passes the conscious mind in a way one's sense of self control was
not bypassed by listening to Dean Martin singing Volare.

 Another big change was the revival of ecstatic dancing at festivals or the
local disco which *really is* a pagan revival. The whole let-yourself-go vibe
was facilitated by rock music, dancing (and drugs).

 And the sexual changes went in step with the musical changes. Witness Larkin:
Sexual intercourse began
 In nineteen sixty-three
 (which was rather late for me) -
 Between the end of the "Chatterley" ban
 And the Beatles' first LP.
 (Annus Mirabilis)

 The wacko is basically saying things that many in the opposing camp would
agree with him about - it's just that where he sees black they see white.