Comment below....

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <punditster@...> wrote:

 On 2/6/2014 10:09 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

 It's wrong to assume that intelligent things must have had an intelligent
creator. >
 We do not assume anything but we infer based on the valid means of knowledge:
Objects that enter our consciousness experience seem already made. Some
unconscious or subconscious process determines our conscious experiences for
us, even though we can never become aware of it. The mystery of consciousness
may never be explained satisfactorily, but it is obvious, to those who reflect,
that something happens within us to make us see things the way we do. This
something must be taken into account in explaining the nature of knowledge.
Perhaps the most startling construction is that of consciousness itself.
 But the brain evolved too and it didn't require assistance in the same way
that nothing else required assistance. This is what I am talking about. The
fact we think consciousness is amazing and can't explain it yet doesn't mean it
isn't a natural phenomenon is the only point I'm making. In fact, it wouldn't
make any sense for something that happens entirely in our heads to be more
mysterious than we can account for, if it wasn't a physical construct it must
have been hanging around for us to develop a method of using it, as there isn't
any reason to suspect that is the case why do so many people rely on it?
 I would say it's typical superstitious thinking. Mankind does it with
everything to the extent we could say it's a truism and maybe our most basic
intellectual reflex. If we don't understand something we conclude it must have
had a more sophisticated origin or method of control than a better
understanding gives us. Everything from the weather to life itself gets the
"god moves in mysterious ways" treatment. Darwin killed this thought error
stone dead but it's still popular because people often value beliefs higher
than knowledge. I would say that consciousness is the second most amazing thing
in existence, after the fact there is a universe in the first place.