I've been speculating such things since before I could walk John.

 There may have been/are/will be other humanoids but not humans. There are so
many ways that life can evolve the chances of two identical things appearing
are vanishingly small. But there could be similarities, we can expect eyes
where an animal has evolved near a light source. Having senses near some sort
of central processing unit for more rapid coordination makes sense. Limbs seem
very likely. But there will be as many different ways for aliens to make use of
these given's as there has been for life on earth. And even if you get a
humanoid body plan why would it walk upright? Only one animal on earth in over
a billion years of sophisticated life has chosen this path.

 And all this assumes that a cell like the one in my post yesterday gets itself
together and provides what life needs to become so varied and complex. Or maybe
there are a billion different ways of doing it.

 But forget all this holographic universe stuff, it doesn't apply here and is
wildly speculative and solves nothing cosmologically anyway. It doesn't mean we
might have duplicates elsewhere.

 But what of the vedic idea that the human body plan is a mirror of some
ultimate creation, the ved itself?
 I'll just get off the floor and stitch my sides up. You can tell I'm not a
creationist ;-)

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <jr_esq@...> wrote:

 There's current speculation that life might have evolved before humans existed
on earth.  IMO, it's also possible that humanoids existed throughout the
universe before humans on earth evolved.  This may be due to the phenomenon
called the holographic principle of the universe.  IOW, we are just a small
reflection that is a common phenomenon throughout the universe.

 http://news.yahoo.com/video/universe-full-life-090614348.html
http://news.yahoo.com/video/universe-full-life-090614348.html

 Or, it could be that the quantum wave function that created the Big Bang
already had the information necessary to create humans throughout the universe
when the right conditions are met in planets of suns in any galaxy.

 If so, how many of those humanoid civilizations have evolved into the the
highest state of consciousness or dimension?