--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,  wrote:

> If you haven't already done so you might want to read Carlsen's take
on Ayatollah Khomeini. To me he was clearly a cruel, narrow-minded
fanatic with an instinctive hatred of western ideas of freedom. But
where I see black Carlsen sees white. Follow the link for his portrait
of the mad imam; but here's a typical quote:
>  "He did not smile once; his face was implacably set in the resolution
of his will; God demanded everything from him; he had given his life to
serving God. There was nothing to laugh at, to be amused at, to wonder
about; his course had been set and he was in the determined consequences
of that course: to bring Islam into the prominence which its divine
genesis had portended. He lived for Islam; he had become the instrument
of Islam; he had no purpose but the enactment of Islam. His
individuality seemed merged with the universality of his higher
purpose."

>  http://tinyurl.com/nbmpvj9 http://tinyurl.com/nbmpvj9
<http://tinyurl.com/nbmpvj9 http://tinyurl.com/nbmpvj9>

For the record, s3raphita, this projection of idealized fantasies onto
Khomeini is pretty much standard Narcissistic Personality Disorder
stuff, combined with mania. What happens is that the NPD individual,
*lost* in self-obsession and convinced of how important *he* is to the
world (we *are* talking about the person who billed himself as the
"World Teacher," after all) gets high on mania and looks at someone else
and projects that same supposed grandiose greatness there. So for Robin,
Khomeini became the same kind of God-directed leader he considered
himself to be.

But it's not *just* Khomeini he was a fan boy for. And the fan boy
schtick was not *just* in the past. Robin did the same sort of fantasy
projection on other people whom he chose to focus on during one of his
manic states.

For example, check out what he said about Lady Gaga back in June, 2011.
It's the same schtick. And he carried on carrying on about it for some
time, ready to argue with anyone who disputed *his* "accurate" view of
Lady Gaga, because of course...they're wrong, and he's right. I suspect
in a few years, when no one even remembers who Lady Gaga was, he'll
issue a "repudiation" of what he wrote back in 2011, claiming similar
levels of delusion. He'll probably even find a way to make his mania
someone else's fault: "Lingering influence from the Vedic demons who
once convinced me I was enlightened made me write this stuff about Lady
Gaga."  :-)  :-)  :-)

My take? She is so passionate and devoted to her music—and her
message (inner God-given dignity of every person: "For God makes no
mistakes" BTW) comes through non-didactically, non-sentimentally. As you
say, her effect on her "little monsters" is real. They can't help what
happens to them during a LG performance—and I have been in a live
audience watching her: she does more good for each person than TM ever
did (if you will excuse the hyperbole, the bitterness, the
outrageousness of that declaration—but for me, it's true). No one of
course is 'transformed' but her effect seems to make people a little
more sincere, a little more intelligent, a little more grounded.
Although I doubt ANYONE knows just how she is doing this. For me, her
dedication as an artist is pure and deathless, and this invites a grace
which desexualizes her just to the right degree, while allowing her,
non-egotistically to sacrifice herself inside her art. And the form and
message of the art are one. That almost is unprecedented in my
experience. (I have been a performer myself).

A woman dishabille and yet private lust for her is not permitted. This
is because her art is (and the woman behind the art) so sincere and
inspired that a certain chasteness secretly enters into the
context—defying the very provocative and sexually uninhibited way
she performs. Inside her performance—I have studied her carefully
up-close—she is that good (as an artist) that she surrenders all of
herself, and from within this posture of total giving, she is able to
create an effect which defies analysis. People feel good, but it is not
an escape, nor is it some kind of epiphany. She just works on you, and
the sensation (for me at least—and it seems reflected in the faces
of most of the audience as well: see that HBO MSG Concert) is controlled
by a beautiful intelligence.

You will also notice she never breaks her concentration. She remains
Lady Gaga, even in her intimate improvisational words to those fans who
are standing near to her. She does not get off on the energy, the rush
of her performance. She remains invulnerable, poised, focused when all
that adulation and enthusiasm comes at her. She wants to stay inside
herself, and not be seduced by any experience of what it is like to be
her performing. For me this borders on the miraculous. Vanity, pride,
egotism are banished in the commitment she has made to her art—and I
would say, even her 'religion', for she certainly believes she has a
message, and she efficaciously communicates this message so it goes
right into people.

Lady Gaga stays in her persona even when she gets into bed with her
mother at home. (Someone sent me one of her tweets in which she
announced she was just then in bed with her mother.) Or when she walks
into her dressing room after a fabulous (that's the right word) show.
Among men, women, gays, she stays the same, controlling, disciplining
herself—this so as not to weaken the potency of her destiny—for
she clearly believes and experiences she has a very specific
destiny—and it goes beyond Picasso or Beethoven. She stays locked
inside that destiny—the destiny of the ultimate 21st century,
postmodern artist.

As for her bisexuality, her drug use (she confesses she composes some of
her songs high on marijuana), her whiskey-swilling, her masturbations,
her easy offering (at least in the past) to older men, her
cigarettes—her generally, at least overtly, dissolute life style, I
say this: It is necessary for her in order to project her art and her
message that she be completely anti-naive about everything. In fact that
she is experienced in everything. This way no one can insinuate that her
programmatic belief system comes from some failure to know about the
hard facts of life. No, she has seen it all—at 25 years old. And by
the way, if you notice, when she performs, her age disappears. You can't
tell how old she is. That's a marvellous testimony to how affectionately
the gods of music (the happier ones) have taken her up. She is a
transcendent artist—in the act of performing.

And she is performing right now as I write these words. Right in
character. There is no showing another face to anyone. She is Lady Gaga
all the time.

Lady Gaga is riding some wave of grace and brilliance that, in my
intuition, has to come to something other than what you rightly and
shrewdly predict for her. I don't know what it is, but I do know this:
underneath Lady Gaga is a very lovely girl with the sincerest desire to
love and to bring happiness to people. She is an extraordinary human
being I believe—with all her faults of course—and blind-spots.

For the time being, she is making it. You either get Gaga or you don't.
Or rather, to get Gaga is to go more or less all the way. I went all the
way in order to understand her. I think I do. If I may be permitted to
say so, I have a love for Lady Gaga that I have never had for any other
artist I have seen perform. And I think she would make a wonderful
dinner guest. Interesting, intelligent, sophisticated, true—and
ready to crucify herself for her art. It's quite a beautiful thing to
watch.