---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Did you watch the election video though, what a classic! Who knew that the
Skem TMers had reduced the Mersyside crime rate by 60%? Nobody in Mersyside
that's for sure!

 The funny thing is I worked for them and I voted for someone else! LOL.

 But they really thought they were going to win and it was an amazing effort to
get a political party together in just a couple of weeks, even if it did just
mean giving an intro talk to people who aren't interested. Of course, after it
turned out they weren't going to be leading the country the story changed to it
being a good way of getting the word out. And it was, I was manning the phones
after the last election the NLP fought and was highly dubious that any member
of the public would ring and ask for more info, but ring they did and I spent
ages explaining all the terms and beliefs to them. Being evangelical isn't
really my thing though and I wasn't very good at it, I think you need to really
believe something to be a good teacher and I never did think it was very
credible.

 As I always say, you have to look at what this amazing coherence and nature
support has done for the TMO to realise it isn't the best model for
understanding society and human behaviour. I think it's a crock actually but
there you are, we had fun while it lasted and I loved organising press
conferences even if no one ever turned up.

 I think for many people back in the late 60's, 70's and part of the 80's it
was a decent way for them to focus their otherwise unfocused energies. There
were and still are much worse ways to spend your time than promoting the TM
practice and Movement. I can't speak for now as I have been basically divorced
from anything TM since the early 80's but I remember lots of wonderful, older
students attending MIU who felt it was a new lease on life for them, a new
direction. Like I said, I regret nothing about having attended that school or
having spent 16 years meditating. It can all be filed under how the rest of
life proceeds - I learned some stuff, I figured other stuff out and I moved on
carrying with me the things that I thought might serve me best for the future.