 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: More on missing pandits
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 4:29 PM

       Are you sure that "think" is the right
 word? The pundits have an average age of 26, according to
 the article we are discussing. But if they were underage I
 would be even more likely to talk about them. I find the
 idea of keeping a bunch of foreigners as pets in the hope of
 giving yourselves a better life to be astoundingly
 offensive.
 Not least because it doesn't actually work,
 as anyone who has thought objectively about it for at least
 a minute will be aware. The amount of people I know who have
 desperately given money in the hope of a turnaround in bad
 circumstances is beyond count. I know disabled people who
 have paid a fortune for these bullshit yagyas. I know
 someone I can't even talk about who gave his life
 savings in exchange for a few prayers that quite obviously
 did nothing.
 The list is endless, in one way we have to say
 that if God didn't want them sheared he would not have
 made them sheep. On the other hand I can't see a wrong
 without wanting to see it righted. Either prove that this
 superstitious crap works or let the pundits go home or earn
 some money in Fairfield or get them a degree that might mean
 something in the real world.
 What I think is that the whole thing is a scam
 and you should be ashamed for trying to shut down debate
 about it on a public forum. But you are right in that they
 are religious, but they claim to be scientific and that
 makes them fair game.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <punditster@...>
 wrote:

 On 2/13/2014 8:04
 AM, salyavin808 wrote:
  > I wonder why no one
 in the press questions the purpose of keeping

 > these people in Iowa?

 It would probably be in the best
 interests of the poor Hindu pandit boys

 if they were left alone to pray and get an education in
 Vedic City. Most

 of us here probably think it would be better not to involve
 the children

 in a sordid FFL debate. There's nothing good going to
 come from

 discussing the private life of under age children on a
 public forum. It

 would probably be much better to just leave the children
 alone and raise

 our own - that's more appropriate and rewarding than
 smearing some

 religious group in Iowa. That's what I
 think.