--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "peterklutz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > I believe MMY said that fully-perfected levitation (i.e.
> > floating)
> > (or other sidhi) done on-demand at any time outside of sutra
> > practice
> > would be a sign of fully-established Unity, not CC.
> >
> > He's also implied that NOT being able to float at all is a sign
> > of NOT being in Unity.
>
> Given your first definition, the second would have to be true,
> wouldn't it?
>
> Has any solution been indicated for the perhaps greatest obstacle to
> successfull flying sutra practice - the surroundings?
>
> Seclusion far out in the wilderness as a way of life also for non-
> CCs simply in order to remove the obstacles put on i.a. flying sutra
> practice by the collective stress of society and other less
> good-experienced TMSP-practitioners?

You guys should get out more.  The first time I saw someone
levitate (and by that I mean hover in mid-air for extended
periods of time, "lifting up" and "settling down" with ease),
it was in the Los Angeles Convention Center.  I have since
seen it done in private meditation halls, in the desert,
in a Denny's coffee shop late at night, and in hundreds
of other places.  "I can't do it because of..." is a phrase
that people who can't do stuff make up to explain why they
can't do it.

On the other hand, I disagree completely with levitation
being any measure of one's state of consciousness.  It's
just a skill.  You can either do it or you can't.  It don't
say bupkus about your state of consciousness.