---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote:

 I suppose we see this differently. I do not see god. I see being, not evidence
of being. You see (if I interpret your words correctly) evidence of god in the
things you see. That seems to have an interpretative step involved. Am I
understanding this properly?

 If by "interpretive" you mean on the level of thought, then yes, that is part
of my perception. But I don't see things in terms of "being", that is very
impersonal, abstract and therefore distant for me. I feel embraced, literally
surrounded and cocooned within all of this creation and the creation is so
intelligent. The world in which I live is like swimming amidst all of this
incredible richness of matter. We exist as physical entities in our human
bodies surrounded by soil and sky and walls and we stand on dirt or wood or
stone. It is everywhere and it is whole and real. And the structure of it, the
form and movement is evidently the result of something that guided and gave
birth to it, allowed it to manifest. This is my feeling, this is how I move and
work within this material world. For me, these things are irrefutable.

 You speak of seeing "being" and I do to but perhaps our perception of being is
different because I also see it as something deeply personal and loving and it
is concretized in the things that make up this world, this universe.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

 [Xeno] As to theism, I am a post-theist, I do not think the theistic arguments
have much point, but they do have some interest for me even if I disagree with
most of them. Fesers' discussion below is really well done, I think. I myself
sometimes think using the conception 'absolute being' without the articles a,
an, the, but it has a different significance for me than for a theist because
it is not transcendent and not out of sight. [Ann's highlight]

 [Ann] I am a theist and my God, my creator is very much in evidence everywhere
I look. It is not a transcendent thing and it is not out of sight.