Hard to tell. The study was done with 40 women. The repetitive deep bass drum
sound shook the room when I started this, that is not a good start. If you have
tiny speakers it might be OK, but mine were equalised with an instrumentation
microphone and digital frequency readouts. Forty participants makes this a
cohort study, that is a sample size too small to really come to a conclusion.
That it did not include men makes it doubly dubious, and the volume level it
was played to the women with is not mentioned. There are lots of amorphous
musical structures in slow New Age type of music that can be relaxing. Massage
therapists tend to use this kind of music (mine likes Deva Primal). The 60
pulses per minute basic 'beat' seems to have been established by a number of
researchers.

 I find I can relax to more active music sometimes.
 http://youtu.be/mrGXvO6TnFs http://youtu.be/mrGXvO6TnFs

 The conductor of this piece Reinhard Goebel was one of the world's great
Baroque violinists until he developed a distonia, a neuromuscular disorder in
his left hand. He switched to playing the violin left handed for a number of
years, which meant practicing to learn the violin again with hands switched,
and stringing switched backwards on the violin, but eventually he had to give
up playing. Now he conducts. The music is by C.P.E Bach, the second oldest son
of J.S.Bach. For a number of years C.P.E. Bach was the keyboardist for Frederik
the Great (who was a superb flute player and composer). C.P.E. Bach was a great
influence on Beethoven.

 In a letter he wrote to Voltaire, Frederick said 'I think it better to keep a
profound silence with regard to the Christian fables, which are canonized by
their antiquity and the credulity of absurd and insipid people'.

 He also wrote: 'I feel the deepest veneration for the divine being, and
therefore I am careful not to attribute to him unjust, fickle behavior, which
would be condemned by the meanest mortal. Because of that, dear sister, I
prefer not to believe that the almighty, benevolent being is at all concerned
with human affairs. Rather I do attribute everything that happens to the living
beings and certain effects of incalculable causes and I silently bow down
before this being which is worthy of adoration, by admitting my ignorance
concerning his ways, which his godly wisdom chose not to reveal.
 '

http://dailyhealthpost.com/according-to-scientists-this-is-the-most-relaxing-tune-ever-recorded/?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral