Rodriguez was early to embrace the use of HD cameras (introduced to him by George Lucas) and hence free up the cumbersome process of filmmaking. His productivity spurred other directors into inquiring what he was doing and he mentioned he was enjoying making films again because of HD.

So speaking of gorgeous women, you would have enjoyed the little scenario yesterday while chatting with friends on the patio at the downtown Starbucks. A little after the noon hour and group of young folks moved in and lined up the tables to eat a lunch brought from Panda Express. First off, the closest Panda Express is a good 8 miles away so that was odd.

Then this drop dead gorgeous, movie star quality, young blond comes to our table to ask if we were using the extra chair which she took and to sit at the table with the lunch group. My friend, who has taught students from all over the world, asked about her accent. I told it sounded south American, possibly even Brazilian. I have played in bands with South American performers so got used to hearing such accents. Anyway I could hear their conversations and it seemed that they were probably from a film shoot. And that is not unusual for this area. We have a number of kids who go to college, often in Los Angeles, to become filmmakers and return here to shoot their student films. This may have been the case.

And speaking of film, thanks for reminding me about "Blue Jasmine" which I rented on DVD but did note that Sony Pictures is the distributor (so it might actually appear soon on Netflix WI) and in HD (the DVD quality wasn't the best). What was fun was seeing all the locations right here in the Bay Area and recalled the news stories about the shoot.

On 02/24/2014 03:00 AM, TurquoiseBee wrote:
*From:* "turquoi...@yahoo.com" <turquoi...@yahoo.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Monday, February 24, 2014 10:59 AM
*Subject:* [FairfieldLife] Best TV commercial ever

... The first, co-directed by Frank Miller again, is "Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill For," starring Eva Green, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Eva Green, Juno Temple, Eva Green, Josh Brolin, Eva Green, Jessica Alba, Eva Green, Bruce Willis, Eva Green, Rosario Dawson, Eva Green, Mickey Rourke, and Eva Green is a must-see for what should be obvious reasons. Most gorgeous woman in the world directed by one of my fave directors...what is not to like?