Thanks, again, Ann - Agreed, life *can* be tough. ...and a picture is worth a
thousand words, so here is a recent "selfie".
I hope, sincerely, that it reassures anyone reading my recent postings:
https://app.box.com/s/aycqjeqd7tl2mfj0l86r
https://app.box.com/s/aycqjeqd7tl2mfj0l86r

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Thanks, Ann. Yes, my mother had an incredibly negative story about me, that
was unceasingly perpetuated, and spread, in the face of tests I took, and
therapists I saw, who were telling her, and reporting, the direct opposite (she
would lie to me about the results) -- for the first twenty years of my life .
Ouch.
I think she may have been a little off, and, unfortunately, also had a genius
IQ (member of MENSA) - A really, really, really, >>>*bad*<<< combination! Both
brilliant AND crazy. Talk about being under fire -  Thankfully, I had a lot of
great experiences in my life, too, though the onslaught on my being, from a
parent, of all people, was very difficult to uncover, and work through.

 I think many of us hit brick walls as we grow up and these are often walls
made of crazy, hatred, addiction, ignorance as displayed by others towards us.
But life is not easy; I don't care who you are or how much money you have or
what side of the tracks you come from. This is how we learn, this is how we
grow, this is how we either become beautiful and strong or how we end up bitter
and angry. I don't know what determines who becomes what in the end, is it
grace, is it character, is it luck? But one thing I do know, the more I know a
person has suffered and who still emerges generous and giving and strong - I
have bottomless respect and admiration for.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 It would be much better if your words didn't have such a hollow ring to them.
Why so lonely and angry? FYI, those who have suffered emotional abuse often
have a difficult time sustaining personal and social relationships. As I said
to Ann earlier, about you, no one really wants to be an asshole all the time.
That still holds, I am sure.

 And thanks for your analysis of Barry earlier. I, fortunately, wouldn't know
about abuse as I have had an incredibly blessed life filled with loving, caring
people. But if you are any example of someone who has moved past their past,
moved beyond the pain of their upbringing, then Barry needs to pay attention.
You seem like one of the most balanced, interesting and kind people here at
FFL. Well done, Doc. Barry needs to take notes and inspiration from your very
full and happy and diverse life.