The 'Blue Velvet' director and self-described 'bliss ninny' talks meditation
and music

 "What aspect of the Foundation are you proudest of?
Well, all of it. Transcendental meditation is for human beings, and it
transforms life for the good, no matter who you are or what your situation is.
For instance, everybody knows education is pretty bad shape these days. There's
lots of problems, even in the so-called "good" schools. Stress is hitting kids
at a younger and younger age, and there's bullying, there's fights, there's
legal and illegal drugs, there's bad relationships, bad grades, nobody likes to
learn, there's teacher burnout, and it's kind of a mess. People have tried many
things to help, but in my opinion, lots of these good things are surface
cures--they don't address the torment inside the student, or the teacher, or
the principal. When they get this transcendental meditation, it's a mental
techique that allows them to dive deep within to the deepest level of life,
which underlies all matter and mind. At the border of intellect, you transcend
and experience that unbounded level of life: all positive, pure consciousness
with qualities of intelligence, creativity, happiness, love, energy, and peace.
I like to say gold flows in and garbage goes out. "

Read more:
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/q-a-david-lynch-on-enlightenment-zz-top-and-yeezus-20140225#ixzz2uQ0YYXUU

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/q-a-david-lynch-on-enlightenment-zz-top-and-yeezus-20140225#ixzz2uQ0YYXUU

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter