Yeah, I like blending the arts and consciousness, like B2 was mentioning
earlier, and like the Oneida and Shaker groups, did.
 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

 Doc, I love reading the song titles for the tracks on the album cover.
 I have found from the studying of other historic spiritual groups like ours
you can often get in the minds and hearts of members then by looking at the
text of their songs. The song text a lot of times have their ideology embedded
in them. As part of movements the songs they often would sing as groups or for
entertainment though corny at times were often fun and patriotic to the group
for the people who were there at the time. I was at a conference last year with
a whole bunch of academics and we took a tour of the historic village of Zoar,
Ohio, early settled by German mystics. On the tour of the historic village we
went in to their big brick meeting house and the tour guide described something
to the effect, 'that this is where he gave his sermons'. Upon the word 'sermon'
you could see this collective shudder in the tour group about the thought of
listening to sermons. But the meeting house had amazing acoustics for singing
and the spoken word could be easily heard anywhere in the meeting house. It was
really cool. I had got to Zoar the night before and looked around on my own and
noted that about the Meeting House. The thing to explain to these modern day
folks though from the perspective of being inside vital revolutionary spiritual
groups the meetings were actually fun to be in. The members knew the language
of the shared experience and had developed their own songs to go along with the
cultural dynamic of the movement. At the time of these mystical separatist
groups like Zoar forming in America they were unified and having fun doing it.
I was at Oneida in New York a couple years ago and interviewed some aged people
who were part of Oneida and they said the same thing. What they remember about
the community was that it was fun. The community was really fun to be part of.
Likewise it was with TM in its day and for those still in it now.
 -U.S. Buck in the Dome

 The Doctor writes:
 I have been going through several lifetimes worth of belongings, and came
across this record, that I probably bought in the Communist Chinese store, Hong
Kong, c. 1970. (So *that's* how they won...):

https://app.box.com/s/jjxylhxkkwc3bu31m9tz
https://app.box.com/s/jjxylhxkkwc3bu31m9tz