I don't watch television at all, actually. But your description of the
specifics below doesn't resonate, for me, with your "just discovered or
invented fucking" characterization. Seems like rather wildly unfocused
hyperbole.

 As far as "Earth's real problems" are concerned, we might as well forget all
of them but climate change if we're going to give the most crucial top
priority. I don't think we as a society get to decide which issues we're sick
of, though, except on an individual basis. So you go right ahead and fume about
those awful entertainers on TV and those selfish gays who want to have the same
rights as anybody else.

 Interesting - You haven't noticed the endless string of entertainers, with
less and less on, the faux-sex shows becoming common, wardrobe malfunctions,
the titillation on the news about pussy riots and penises and on and on? As if
those acting out, and those commenting on it, have just discovered, or
invented, fucking? Watch less PBS, Judy, it is EVERYWHERE.
As for gay rights, I would rather some of earth's real problems be given
greater precedence. The focus is skewed towards those who already have enough
to eat, shelter, clothing, and good incomes. Let's work on the invisible ones
first, and decide whether, or not, more homosexuals can get married, next. I
don't mind hearing about such concerns, but it does seem like a darling issue
for the media, and I am quite sick of it.

 Actually, I haven't noticed many (or any) people "running around acting like
they *invented* fucking," so I can't really comment on that.

 As to gay rights, I'd say it will be time to shut up about them once they've
been secured.

 Yeah, it was a bit of a left turn down a dirt road. Thanks for noticing. So,
what do you think about what I posted?