She's very Buddhist in her outlook. She's even developed intellectual
affirmations to reinforce teh Buddhist slant to her scientific perspective and
acknowledges quite frankly that it is the only slant worth having, all others
being illusion.

 Since mindfulness and focused attention practices are known to create a
disconnect between the self-centers of the brain and the rest of the brain, it
is a "self"-fulfilling prophecy to practice such techniques with the
expectation that you will find that "Self" doesn't really exist.

 I'm not sure what exactly she's saying.  But it appears that she's saying
humans don't have consciousness and a free will.   If that is true, then I'd
disagree.

 Susan Blackmore has a new essay about consciousness research on her website.
Food for thought:

 "Consciousness is not some weird and wonderful product of some brain processes
but not others. Rather, it is an illusion constructed by a clever brain and
body in a complex social world. We can speak, think, refer to ourselves as
agents and so build up the false idea of a persisting self that has
consciousness and free will."

 http://www.edge.org/response-detail/25457
http://www.edge.org/response-detail/25457