I always wanted a heart monitor watch so I could monitor my meditating. You
can get them that download your program (or daily run) to a computer so you can
keep track of progress. I could have sold the results to Lawson...

 There are wireless enabled bracelets that could alert people if the pulse
stopped being registered (they're also waterproof so can be worn in showers).
A friend (who isn't an oldster) has one to track activities to aid his dieting.
They will probably be the wave of the future unless they round up us oldsters
and do a "Logan's Run" on us out at the gravel pits.