Must have been something excitable, what with all the trouble they gave the
black skinned Rakshasas in the Golden Age...

 I think Soma and the Gods would make an excellent band name.

 Somehow the post title reminds me of "Reuben and the Jets."  (Or maybe "Soma
and the Gods" would make a good band name).

 So the vedic seers were meth heads? :-D