On 4/9/2014 1:03 AM, salyavin808 wrote:
Well, a lot of evidence suggests that schizophrenia can become worse with stress, so even in schizophrenics, TM, under proper supervision, might be beneficial to at least some people.

I don't buy it. Sure, TM might be good at lowering stress levels in most people but it does this by altering how the brain, and consequently the mind, actually works.

TM is based on thinking - so following your logic, if I think, I would be altering how my brain and consequently, my mind, actually works.

Can someone put up the definition of "TM" so we can see what exactly we are doing when we meditate, and so we can isolate any thoughts that might alter our brain and our mind? Or, define TM in such a way as to bring our attention to what happens when we are not thinking, and how this would be of any good. Any help in learning this logic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.