"Collapse of the US economy. "
 How certain is that, within what timeframe and how will it effect ordinary
Americans ?

 Collapse of the US economy.  This has been discussed for some time.  Remember
that the US attacked Iraq because Saddam threatened to change from the US
dollar to something else (WMDs were just a lame excuse).  The banksters have
gamed our economic system and there is no solution.  Why we fear they will try
next and some political pundits think is WWIII to reset everything.  Yup, that
might REALLY reset everything including all life on earth.  It is said they
want it soon before Russia and China catch up with the US militarily.

 Interesting article and book review by Paul Krugman about the economic
situation:

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2014/may/08/thomas-piketty-new-gilded-age/

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2014/may/08/thomas-piketty-new-gilded-age/