 salyavin, yes, I like your last paragraph about depth recognition getting
crossed with reward center for pleasure. Now here's the next important step I
think: does that have lasting value for life? Because if it does, then for me
it doesn't matter how it came about, as long as it didn't involve hurting other
life. Nor does it matter if we call it "God" or silly putty or brain upper
right quadrant firing. If it has lasting value for life (and yes, how would we
operationally define that?) let's go for it!

 I thought that's what we were doing with whatever we do. No it doesn't matter
what you call it, pleasure is pleasure. I mentioned before about a TM inspired
flash of enlightenment that I'm not sure if it's a good long term proposition.
Does it ever get boring? I know that taking hallucinogens does, maybe
enlightenment is a drag after a while.

 But the hunger for it is addictive, we have all sorts of addictive chemicals
in our brains you know, they usually get regulated but in mystical states maybe
we get a higher dose.

 Judy was right, I meant to ask you: how do you now assess your early mystical
experience.

 Ah, I still get that stunned feeling that hits you in your gut and that sense
of wonder about just...how? How there can be two worlds when I only usually see
one, and what I always get with mystical stuff - meditation or drug inspired -
why is it so profound. Why the god feeling or sense of impending ultimate
wisdom?

 I think I've already explained it, kind of, the general idea anyway. But it's
still cool to be in possession of a head that does stuff like that even though
I'd bet money on it being a mental synapse dysfunction of some sort.

 Either that or I'm the new messiah.

 On Monday, April 14, 2014 10:02 AM, salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>