 Ann, I think I've mainly been in the presence of healthy or developed
charismatic people like Martin Luther King. My guess is that charisma is a gift
that can easily be misused and thus the world has known many unhealthy or
undeveloped charismatic people, like Hitler.

But I would also say that a charismatic person can be mainly either quiet or
expressive.

 Hmm, so that just about covers the range of possibilities. Funny, because
earlier you were talking about charisma as being all fire and brimstone and
theatrical.

  For example, I'd put Fr. Keating in the group of healthy, quiet charismatic
people whereas I'd put MLK in the group of healthy, expressive charismatics.

 What do you think, do you think charisma has to do with the person or their
message primarily?