“Geoff is a MIU grad who never got the sidhis. The Maharishi Effect, his
memoir, is killer.”
 Weber did a lot to make his book interesting, "Transcendental Meditation in
America: How a New Age Movement Remade a Small Town in Iowa." .

http://www.uiowapress.org/books/2014-spring/transcendental-meditation-america.htm

http://www.uiowapress.org/books/2014-spring/transcendental-meditation-america.htm

 -gleaning from e-mail sent on the side. ..
 -Buck

 Geoff, are you a meditator? Nice review. I read another reviewer that says of
the new book that while heavily footnoted the book and the author suffers from
the lack of back-stories and too much objectivity as a straight journalist.
However, I am glad a real and professional journalist came along to the story
now while so many interviews could be collected from the first, or eye-witness
generation. There have been other authors and academics show up looking to
write their story of it in their way. By contrast with them I have been
wont-ing for a real journalist to show up for a long time. Joseph Weber appears
is that journalist. It [meditating Fairfield, Iowa] is a fabulous story in
human nature. The scholarly world is just waking up to it. This new book will
help bring more qualified people to it and other books will likely follow too.
We've been in Fairfield as a meditating community for over 40 years and that
community is not going to leave anytime soon. The story is not over, -Buck in
the Dome

 The Fairfield Meditating Community:

 “We are a group of people who have come together and created a community for a
transcendentally important common purpose, which of course is to practice the
Transcendental Meditation program and the TM-Sidhi program together as a group,
for the sake of bringing coherence to national and world consciousness based on
balancing labor and leisure to meditate while working together for the benefit
of the community. Our Super-Radiance meditating community includes families of
all the TM-Meditators and TM-Sidhas in the Fairfield, Vedic City and Jefferson
County area.”

 geoff.gilpin writes:

 Hi, everyone. Michael Jackson already mentioned my blog (thanks, Michael!),
but I thought I's stop in with a personal invitation. I hope you'll all pay a
visit to Reason and Magic, "Where Skeptics and Believers Find Common Ground, at
geoffgilpin.com http://www.geoffgilpin.com. Discussion topics include
psychedelic science and culture, drug policy, and skeptical mysticism. There's
even some stuff about the TM movement, including my review of Joseph Weber's
new book "Transcendental Meditation in America: How a New Age Movement Remade a
Small Town in Iowa."