on 10/23/05 7:38 PM, lurkernomore20002000 at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, pibssmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
> snip
>
>> I found living in this hog state and the prospect of all our friends
>> of 20 years scattering all over the US painful. If you listen to the
>> chatter at lunch around town people including myself and spouse now
>> have exit plans of what if this does occur. Very sad. Forget dome
>> numbers we have larger fish to fry and getting dome numbers up aint
>> going to do a thing inspite of what the true believers think.
>
> This is indeed sad. I have not been to FF in many years, inspite of
> living within driving distance. It is rare to have a community of
> spiritual seekers in one place, especially when there is diversity as
> pertains to different schools.  Now, the prospect of being done in by
> a hog farm, well, somehow it just figures.  Perhaps the community and
> town can fight this thing off.  Of course the prognosis for the
> movement seems bad to very poor, and they still figure pretty big into
> the equation I think.

There's some rich folks out in the country around here who stand to lose the
most, and the very successful Cambridge Investment building a big new office
building just across the street from a new hog confinement also being built.
If they throw their money into fighting this thing, as some reportedly are
doing, maybe they'll stop it.