> on 10/24/05 10:37 AM, TurquoiseB at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > I don't think Maharishi understands what a government
> > is, period.
> >
> > He's lived in never-never land all of his life, inside
> > ashrams and then at the center of one (his movement).
> > The only "governmental" structure within those organ-
> > izations is Big Boss Man telling everybody what to do.
> > No one gets a vote, no one else's opinion is solicited
> > or valued; it's Big Boss Man's way or the highway.
>
> The reason he doesn't like democracies is that he doesn't consider the
> common man qualified to have a say in governmental policy. He thinks
that
> individuals should just concern themselves with their individual
lives and
> leave the big government stuff to those whose dharma qualifies them to
> manage it.

Anyone else remember this moment at the giant course in India in early
1981? Someone asked M very directly about what is the best form of
government or some such thing. This question came after he was
"damning Democracy" (in whatever words he did it back then). His reply
was short and then he radically got off the subject.
M said: "Enlightened dictatorship...but this is a controversial topic"
and then he immediately changed the topic.