Comments below...

 Bingo. One of the things that I don't think a number of theists or
quasi-theists or theists-in-denial-that-they're-theists

 Oh, you forgot to list the nontheists, like moi.

  don't "get" on this forum is that what they call atheists barging into an
otherwise pleasant conversation about God is that this "barging in" often comes
after a few rounds of them hurling the word "atheist" around as if they were
saying "Nigger!" or "Spawn of Satan" or "rakshasa."

 Sometimes, certainly not always. And in any case, much if not all of the
theists' annoyance is a function of the BEHAVIOR of the atheists, not the fact
that they're atheists.

 They actually don't *get* that they look down on atheists as much as they do,
and that this fact pervades their speech/writing.

 Not me. Atheists are A-OK with me as long as they're relatively respectful of
and courteous toward theists, and take the trouble to understand the theists'
positions.

IMO, giving them a little "taste of their own medicine" at that point is
well-deserved.  :-)