My wife was chatting with a co-worker recently and was describing some the
challenges we're going through with my son, who just turned  21.  The co-worker
was describing some thing that his brother is trained in which involved
tapping.

 It took me a minute to catch on realize it was the EFT.

 It just made me smile because she works in a conservative, male dominated
institution, and normally these new age technique ideas originate from me.

 "EFT has no useful effect as a therapy beyond the placebo effect or any
known-effective psychological techniques that may be used with the purported
'energy' technique, but proponents of EFT have published material claiming
otherwise. Their work, however, is flawed and so unreliable: high-quality
research has never confirmed that EFT is effective.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_Freedom_Techniques#cite_note-Bakker-4
 "A 2009 review found 'methodological flaws' in research studies that had
reported 'small successes' for EFT and the related Tapas Acupressure Technique
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapas_Acupressure_Technique. The review concluded
that positive results may be 'attributable to well-known cognitive and
behavioral techniques that are included with the energy manipulation.
Psychologists and researchers should be wary of using such techniques, and make
efforts to inform the public about the ill effects of therapies that advertise
miraculous claims.' "

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_Freedom_Techniques#Research_quality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_Freedom_Techniques#Research_quality

 I agree, fleetwood, and have great appreciation for all kinds of energy work
like EFT tapping.