I simply don't consider him enlightened, at least within the parameters that
MMY laid down.

 Of course, as I pointed out, MMY might be wrong, but then again Eckhart Tolle
may simply be deluding himself as well.

 The "gap" between thoughts that we call "pure consciousness" during TM isn't
just between thoughts as verbalizations, but a gap "devoid of perception" of
anything and everything.

 And here's a great example of Tolle's attitude towards things:

 Dissolving Ordinary Unconsciousness
 So how can we be free of this affliction?
 Make it conscious. Observe the many ways in which unease, discontent, and
tension arise within you through unnecessary judgment, resistance to what is,
and denial of the Now. Anything unconscious dissolves when you shine the light
of consciousness on it. Once you know how to dissolve ordinary unconsciousness,
the light of your presence will shine brightly, and it will be much easier to
deal with deep unconsciousness whenever you feel its gravitational pull.
 However, ordinary unconsciousness may not be easy to detect initially because
it is so normal.
 Make it a habit to monitor your mental-emotional state through
self-observation.

 It's hard to get further from TM program for enlightenment than that.

 "Meditate and chop wood" becomes "mediate while chopping wood."

 Lawson, I think there are a lot of enlightened people around these days,
including Tolle. But I also think that there are very few enlightened teachers.
WRT to taking their theories and or practices to heart, I mostly go by how his
or her energy feels to me. If they feel ungrounded, unintegrated, coming mainly
from intellect, then I continue on my way.

 On Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:41 AM, "LEnglish5@... [FairfieldLife]"