Foer me, TM IS a clean slate.

 Sure - clean slate and then see what comes back naturally.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote :

 For me, that line has more than one valid perspective.

 Most people see it as eschewing authority.

 I also see it as eschewing technique.

 "Followed by a similar experience to your current one."

 Its called, if you see the Buddha on the road, kill him. An absolute must, for
anyone serious about all of this. And sometimes, he comes down the road more
than once. :-)

 PS Due to the easily confused on here, I should add this has nothing to do
with Buddhism, either pro or con.

 I had an inkling of this transcendent thing, back in high-school. My friends
were trying visualization meditation, drugs, Buddhist, Taoist, Christian
religious stuff, guided meditation, tai-chi, nutritional therapies, and
everyone was reading Alan Watts' Be Here Now, and Stuart Brand's The Whole
Earth Catalog. I tried it all, and wasn't catching a buzz.

 So, my girlfriend's mom, who I liked, and we were visiting (at an Air Force
Base outside Sacramento), mentioned TM. Sometime later, I don't recall how long
afterwards, November 1975, I went to an intro lecture, liked the vibe of the
building and the teachers, and for 65 bucks, what the heck?

 Had a great first meditation, that satisfied whatever I had been trying to
feel, through all my previous efforts. So I stuck with it, and by the way, went
through a pretty intense evangelical phase, years ago. Followed by a similar
experience to your current one.

 We all do the same stupid shit - the key is in unflinchingly (what an ugly
word...) recognizing it, accepting it, and moving on.

 how did you come to do TM and what kinds of questions did you ask if any
before starting?