I seem to remember that you liked "Silicon Valley," which I found too silly to
bother with. Here's another one for your perusal.

Check out "Halt and Catch Fire," the new AMC series starring Lee Pace (from
"Pushing Daisies").

The IMDB description is "Set in the early 1980s, series dramatizes the personal
computing boom
through the eyes of a visionary, an engineer and a prodigy whose
innovations directly confront the corporate behemoths of the time. Their
personal and professional partnership will be challenged by greed and
ego while charting the changing culture in Texas' Silicon Prairie."

The first few words, displayed on the screen at the beginning of the series,
are:

HALT AND CATCH FIRE (HCF):

An early computer command that sent the machine into a race condition,
forcing all instructions to compete for superiority at once.

Control of the computer could not be regained.

The first episode is actually pretty interesting, and for a show about nerds,
it's pretty fuckin' dynamic. Great babe, too, in newcomer Mackenzie Davis.