 Oh, okay, thanks for the clarification.  It really sounds like what Robin was
doing was even a little more weird than I understood.  I think he miscalculated
quite a bit.  But he aimed for the fences, so I give him credit for that. (-:

 I wonder what the difference is between delusional and simply hoping for or
imagining something that is very far from ever coming to fruition. Are all
idealists delusional? Are those who dream big delusional? Are optimists or
those with a goal or vision delusional? At what point does a dream or
envisioned future fall into the category of crazy? I think it's pretty hard to
determine sometimes. Is an optimistic dreamer or one hoping for measurable and
drastic change certifiable?

 Robin wasn't aiming to usurp Maharishi's authority as a teacher, Steve. He had
convinced himself that Maharishi would grant him authority over the
organization per se, to reform it and mold it into an organization that would
do justice to Maharishi's teaching. Once Maharishi finally made it clear he
wasn't going to do that, Robin gave up, but remained faithful to Maharishi's
teaching for many years.

 Wowzer.  I don't think that's the issue Michael, this seeing of other
teachers.  That was not the problem the primary problem with RWC.  Yes, if you
became a follower, evidently there were consequences.

 But the situation there, as I understand it, was a frontal assault on the
organization to usurp the authority of the existing teacher  You had someone
who felt he had a mandate to move the organization in a different direction.

  • Re: [FairfieldL... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fairf... authfri...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • Re... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
        • Re... authfri...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]