Steve, I thought this was a good summary. I remember when someone once asked
Maharishi about CC and he said that it was ok, a stepping stone.

On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:51 PM, "steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Yes, you are right.  "Waking State" generally applies to an unenlightened state
of consciousness.  First you have your waking, sleeping and dreaming states of
consciousness.  Then you have your cosmic consciousnesses, which is
transcendental consciousnesses, along with the other three - waking, sleeping
and dreaming.

Then after a spell, and sufficient production of soma, you become aware of the
finest value of relative existence, aka, celestial perception, known as God
Consciousness, or glorified cosmic consciousnesses.  Then, it is said, that
God, noticing someone appreciating his creation to that extent reaches out, and
bestows unity consciousness upon the devotee.

And those are the Seven States of Consciousness as outlined by MMY.

There is also said to be Brahman Consciousness in which the wholeness of unity
continues to expand into a greater and greater wholeness.

I think I've got that right.

But yes, waking state is considered generally a (spit) less evolved state. (-:

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emilymaenot@...> wrote :

True, I was asking about the larger definition as it seems this term is used to
denote more than just the hours one's eyelids are open, although that works
too. :)

To prepare for fixing the toilet, which scares me, I will attempt to find peace
of mind listening to this.  Have a good day.

Chopin - Complete Nocturnes (Brigitte Engerer)

      Chopin - Complete Nocturnes (Brigitte Engerer)
0:00:00 ➢ Op. 9, No. 1 in B-flat minor 0:05:52 ➢ Op. 9, No. 2 in E-flat major
0:10:28 ➢ Op. 9, No. 3 in B major 0:17:08 ➢ Op. 15, No. 1 in F major 0:22:06 ➢
View on www.youtube.com       Preview by Yahoo

"Waking state" is used to mean both "I am awake" (rather than sleeping or
dreaming) and to refer, as you suggest, to waking/dreaming/sleeping as the
totality of one's apperception of consciousness, i.e., not including the
transcendent.

Emily, I believe, was asking about the second ("as it is discussed on this
forum"), whereas Xeno assumed she was asking about the first. So your response,
it seems to me, is more appropriate in this context.

waking state, spans all activity, composed of being up and active, asleep, or
dreaming. It is a common state of consciousness. The silence, or sense of
buffering, and peacefulness, that comes from deliberate acts for spiritual
growth, like yoga, is either absent, or easily upset. The subjective sense of
self is largely limited to a body-centric identity. That's "waking state", and
it has very little to do with what a person does in their life, whether a
POTUS, priest, or average joe.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emilymaenot@...> wrote :

Re: "You guys can't even figure out waking state, huh? LOL"  Would anyone be
willing to define "waking state" for me as it is discussed on this forum?