War is the product of an adolescent mind. We need to take away the toys from these boys.

On 06/17/2014 05:25 PM, jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

I'm afraid future wars will be fought by remote control with the Generals looking at their computer laptops to conduct the attacks and maneuvers. We already have the drones in operation to kill targets. Very soon, we'll have robot soldiers to initiate the surge against enemy combatants after pummeling the area with aerial bombings and tomahawk missiles. War will become methodical, clinical, precise, quick and extremely deadly.

Always a little horrifying to see cutting-edge technology used for this. But, remote death, and destruction, is the ONLY way to perpetuate war, on a massive scale. Soldier on soldier butchery, in this modern age, would bring the whole thing to a rapid close, especially if the Generals, and Commander-In-Chief, had to physically charge into battle.

It could hit targets from 100 miles away. That distance is roughly from San Francisco to Sacramento, CA. IOW, you can't even see who or what you're firing at. That means, a GPS system must be used to hone in on the exact target.

http://portal.kiplinger.com/slideshow/business/T057-S010-9-military-technologies-that-will-change-warfare/index.html