When Android started out the only carrier was T-Mobile then in the fall of 2009 Verizon added it. AT&T, which I was on at the time, their CEO said hell would have to freeze over before they added Android. Now you must be able to get ice cream in hell.

There are a lot of Kindle users too and most apps with any traction are also available on Amazon. And if it has any sales then other carriers will add it too.