--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Food for thought:
> > >
> > > http://www.thecampaign.org/krafted/index.html
> >
> > People should also be aware that Bocaburger is a division of Kraft.
> So, for those of you who think soybeans cooked in a factory at high
> temperature in hydrochloric acid are a "health food", you might
> consider switching to a brand that has a more responsible corporate
> parent.
> >
> > Alex
> >

> Alex
> Any recommendations?

Yeah: avoid soy protein isolate, texturized vegetable protein, etc. (the soy
found in highly processed meat substitutes), and instead eat fermented/cultured
soy products in small quantities. I.e., tempeh, miso, tamari, natto, and sufu.
Tofu and edamame are also yummy on occasion, but they don't have the benefit of
being made more digestible and less toxic by culturing.

There is quite a bit of controversy about soy. My personal opinion is that it
isn't the virulent poison that some make it out to be, but it's also not the
health food that the soy industry would have you believe it is. Hence, my
suggestion of moderate consumption in the natural, traditional cultured forms.

Alex