Lest we Americans forget, today is July 4th, the day to commemorate the birth
of this nation.

 This country was and is an experiment by the Founding Fathers to establish a
perfect government.  They did so by dividing the power of the government
between the three branches of government: the executive, legislative and
judicial.  Ordinarily, this power would have been held by the king, the supreme
ruler.

 The obvious advantage to this system is to eliminate the power of government
from being wielded by a single individual.  The disadvantage is very apparent
as well when we see the government get bogged down by political maneuvers
between the president and certain members of the legislative branch.