On 7/9/2014 12:04 PM, emilymae...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

I just can't help myself. This is complete bullshit. Nothing personal Share, don't get me wrong.

"A structured exercise program may be as good or better than frequently prescribed drugs for some common cardiovascular ailments, a large meta-analysis has found."

'Exercise As Preventive Medicine'
New York Times:
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/09/exercise-as-preventive-medicine/?_r=0

Fellow sitters, according to Dr. Mercola, we should get up every 15 minutes and do some exercise. This is more important, he says, than exercising 2 or 3 times per week! Plus everyone should be doing a balance of aerobics, stretching and weight training. In terms of maintenance, this vehicle is more work than my car!

On Wednesday, July 9, 2014 11:40 AM, "TurquoiseBee turquoiseb@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

/> Each year 2,000,000 smokers either quit smoking or die of tobacco-related diseases./

I was checking out the FFL web viewer to see if it still worked and saw this complete non-sequitur flash by and the science writer in me just had to comment, for several reasons:

1. The statistic is false -- over 5 million people worldwide die every year from smoking-related diseases.

2. The "either quit smoking or..." phrase is retarded. Last I checked, anyone who dies quits smoking. :-)

3. According to the respected British medical journal "The Lancet," there is a much more critical risk factor for early death that people don't know about. The Lancet researchers call this cause of death a "global pandemic," and state clearly that -- worldwide -- it causes far more deaths from all causes every year than smoking. Furthermore, I would imagine that few -- if any -- people on this forum smoke, but most -- if not *all* -- of the people on this forum exhibit the behavior that has been shown to be a greater risk factor for early death than smoking -- inactivity. If you sit for more than eight hours per day, you are medically "inactive," and risking death.

Have a nice day... :-)

  • [FairfieldLife]... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]