From: David Hooper <davehooper...@gmail.com>

7/27/14-Maharishi: At what age do we actually stop listening to what our
parents tell us to do?

"QUESTION: At what age if at any age do we as parents stop telling our children
what to do and do we as sons and daughters actually stop listening to what our
parents tell us to do."

MAHARISHI: "Good sons and daughters always, even if they are sixty or eighty,
sit with their parents and talk to them and take their advice and always
benefit from their advice. Always.

Whatever the son has grown to be, even if the son has become very highly
educated and has become the president of the state, leaving behind all his
activities he would come and sit with his mother, ninety year old mother, and
chat with her. And the mother will sometimes say one word here and one word
there. All the advisers of the state give him all kinds of specialized
knowledge, but from mother he receives some specialized kind of knowledge.

This is one department where he can benefit from the experience of ninety years
of living. And one word from mother could be so helpful for the whole nation
because of the advice that a ninety-year-old person can give to someone who she
thinks is a part of her life, someone she's proud of. She would like to give
him some advice, and the son just blooms. This is the relationship [of sons and
daughters] to mother and father. So one's whole age is there to learn something
from one's father and mother. To learn.

It's not [knowledge] of any special subject of geography or physics, but it's
the impulse of life one receives from the mother and father. It's the impulse
of life. They may be talking about something which may be completely irrelevant
to your field of interest, but sometimes they are quiet and silent. That
silence is full of love which your heart can only be nourished by. It can only
get life from that silence just by sitting with them. It's a very, very
enriching experience of life at every age, at all ages."

~Maharishi~
~Humboldt State University, Arcata, CA, USA -- August 9, 1970~
~"Culturing the Nervous System to Live Silence in the Midst of the Dynamism of
Daily Life, Part 3" (Videotape)~

* * * * * * *
​TM Media Alert (USA): "Ringo Starr, David Lynch Talk Meditation" (1 1/2 minute
video)-- aplatestnews.com -- July 25, 2014

http://www.aplatestnews.com/usnewsvideo.php?idx=ringo-starr-david-lynch-talk-meditation-2014-07-25&vidtype=1​

Jai Guru Dev
​
T​o ​subscribe, send a reply with "subscribe" entered as the subject or
message; to ​unsubscribe​,​ ​send a reply with "unsubscribe" entered ​as the
subject or message.
--
David Hooper
1000 Purusha Place, Suite 219