Title: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Mantras: Letter from Farrokh
on 11/5/05 1:51 AM, Paula Youmans at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

If the mantra is going to be used to Transcend...
Then if we assign a pre-determined name or form to it;
We would keep one on a superficial level of thought;
Trying to visualize or apply some meaning to the sound.
Therefore, it is necessary to assign no meaning to the;
"Vibration of Sound" which is the vehicle of Trancendance.
After familiarity of Transcendance is established..
Then it's a different story..
Then one can use the different Vedic sounds;
To know,
Anything..
Because of the name/form appreciation,
Known at the finest level of thought.

*********

That is perfectly how someone explained it to me. Not MMY, mind you.
Like if you take “I am” as a mantra…I was told to think of it as “ayam.”
Mainly because it is the same, but ayam doesn’t mean anything to me.
My brain doesn’t have to put its “hands” around that because there is nothing to grab. It’s complete gibberish.
And when switching in meditation to using this sound AYAM ….wow, what a difference.

That’s quite close to the sound of an actual bija mantra.