Note that I said "during the rehab visit."
 Obviously, for people with problems that are bad enough that they're
voluntarily having themselves checked into special programs, TM-by-itself might
not be the best thing to do (Self-medication for extreme situations is never a
good idea, if you have professional help handy), but I was talking about TM +
therapy, such as that program I linked to.

 This is a new thing for TM, and there might be a lot of potential for helping
people.
 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote : While its
impossible to say for sure that it would have prevented it, what if Williams
had learned TM during his last visit to a rehab centre earlier this year?

 Or maybe it would have driven him over the edge? Depends what was wrong with
him, maybe it would have saved him. But you can say that about anything that
breaks a negative thought cycle, Scientologists are undoubtably wondering
whether a session on an e-meter might "cleared" his problems.

 Christians will be wondering about the power of prayer. All manner of
therapists will be plugging their particular theories about how their bedside
manner saves lives. The important thing is getting a new perspective, and how
far into a depressive episode you are will determine how easy, or even whether
it's possible, with simple therapies.

 If you are actually, rather than theatrically, suicidal I would recommend
major psychiatric intervention as the sufferer will be past the point of
seeking help. There is a big difference between the two states.

 Personally I would recommend TM for mild depression only, and even then only
as part of a treatment programme with assistance from a mental health
professional. A panacea it aint. But even Norman Rosenthal says that...

 THE WAR COMES HOME – A Soledad O’Brien Report Premieres Aug. 12 at 9:00pm on
CNN/U.S.
http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2014/07/16/the-war-comes-home-a-soledad-obrien-report-premieres-aug-12-at-900pm-on-cnnu-s/

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2014/07/16/the-war-comes-home-a-soledad-obrien-report-premieres-aug-12-at-900pm-on-cnnu-s/

 THE WAR COMES HOME – A Soledad O’Brien Report Pr...
http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2014/07/16/the-war-comes-home-a-soledad-obrien-report-premieres-aug-12-at-900pm-on-cnnu-s/
 Moving new CNN Special Presentation Explores Hope for Vets Struggling with
Post Traumatic Stress Delon Beckett and Garrett Combs came home from the wa...

 View on cnnpressroom...
http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2014/07/16/the-war-comes-home-a-soledad-obrien-report-premieres-aug-12-at-900pm-on-cnnu-s/
 Preview by Yahoo

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mdixon.6569@...> wrote : Tragic loss.